What type of candidate are you?
You will be an excellent communicator with good documentation skills which will enable you to work with developers, systems engineers and data scientists in a complex environment. You will have attention to detail and the ability to deliver against goals and milestones. Finally, you will be a problem-solver and an effective trouble-shooter, able to perform well under pressure when required to.
What will you be doing?
You will introduce new technology to improve the speed, efficiency and reliability of our platform and you will tune existing tools to improve our developer experience. You will drive the automation of the development and deployment processes via a range of new technologies and techniques including increasing the adoption of infrastructure as code practices.
What skills will you have?
- Strong knowledge of production AWS cloud technology deployments
- Demonstrable understanding of security best practices
- Production monitoring and alerting of micro-service-based systems
- Working knowledge of container-based deployments
- Linux and associated scripting languages (preferably Python, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Load balancing and HTTP services
- High-availability clustering solutions
What technologies are we looking for?
- Kubernetes, EKS, Rancher
- Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation
- CI/CD tooling, Jenkins, Octopus
- ELK, CloudWatch
- Prometheus, Grafana
- VMware virtualisation
- Hashicorp suite (Vault, Consul)
- Git, GitFlow, GitOps
- NGINX, Traefik
- ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, NATS, SQS
- SQL and NoSQL/Document databases (e.g. MySQL, EventStore, MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, etc.)