Location: London, NW1 7BY
A unique opportunity to work for a sports betting consultancy that puts technology at the centre of the business. Technology has allowed Star Lizard to remain at the forefront of sports betting for over 10 years and is well respected in the industry as the leader in the field. Our technology teams are product focused and highly agile. We take pride in our engineering focused culture and high trust environment giving our cross-functional teams freedom to experiment, innovate and solve problems in the most optimal way. We have a large team of exceptional engineers responsible not only for development but the environments and testing. We firmly believe in upholding and continuously improving an engineering culture where the path to delivering value is frictionless and enjoyable for developers as possible. The work and technologies are exciting but most importantly the people you’ll be working with are highly knowledge, friendly and supportive. The combination of people, technology and challenging problems makes a potent combination and a great place to take your career to the next level.
What type of candidate are you?
- highly adaptable and comfortable across both front end and back end tech stacks
- a continuous self-learner, eager to learn and share knowledge of emerging technologies and practices
- someone who knows what enterprise-grade software is and what matters to run and maintain software on scale with fast feedback cycles
- a believer in testing as a first class citizen and not an after thought
- an advocate of continuous value delivery with a pragmatic desire to automate and measure everything
- approach with an agile mind set, continuously building end to end working software
- awareness and care for the business goals and mission with the natural curiosity to understand the ‘why’
What will you be doing?
- embedded with the business in a cross-functional delivery team
- work with the team to build high-value, business critical systems
- take ownership of epic delivery, intimately understanding the feature to be delivered and owning the front to back solution
- work in a constantly evolving technical landscape, introducing appropriate new technologies and advance cloud adoption
- build well designed and intuitive UIs with a React, TypeScript stack used by 100’s of users
- build high performance event driven back-ends with C# and F# on .NET Core
- build telemetry in applications and build business and system dashboards with Elastic, Kibana
- removing/ avoiding bureaucracy and barriers to delivery
What skills will you have?
- proficiency with server side development with an appreciation of scalable, highly available architectures and event driven patterns
- knowledge of different testing practices and the benefits of what to do and when to ensure an appropriate level of coverage to fail-fast
- experience building cloud ready and cloud native systems
- proficiency with web technologies with an appreciation of different front end frameworks and a finger on the pulse of how front end web technology is evolving
- know importance of good agile practices and be a seasoned practitioner
- be able to recognise when and be able to write performant software without over engineering
- be a constructive provider of feedback in design reviews and pull requests
- be articulate and empathetic in explaining design decisions and solutions
What technologies should you have?
- C#*, F#, JS, TypeScript, ES6 * Must have
- EventStore, REST, ActiveMQ, Rx
- React, Redux
- Jenkins, Octopus
- Elastic, Kibana, Logstash, Grafana, Mongo
- Azure, AWS