What type of candidate are you?
An adaptable team player who can lead by example and command the respect of the team through your experience in delivering a 1st class IT support service.
You will have a natural attention to detail and be comfortable in taking ownership of Helpdesk problems to ensure a solution is found in a timely fashion.
You will be able to perform well under pressure. You can approach new and existing processes and solutions within Helpdesk with a continuous improvement mindset and not settle for the status-quo.
What will you be doing?
Ensuring that all Helpdesk Incidents/Requests run smoothly on a day-to-day basis, any critical Incidents or Problems are escalated promptly and the Helpdesk support rota is managed effectively.
You will ensure the team’s wellbeing and morale is maintained and personal development of the team is progressed through regular one to one meetings. You will provide regular feedback on team matters and present Helpdesk statistics to the Technical Operations Manager for review.
Technical development of junior engineers is a key aspect to the role which underpins our core career progression strategy within the wider Technology department.
What skills will you have?
- Be able to manage and co-ordinate the Helpdesk team daily
- Effective time/workload prioritisation in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service/inter-personal team skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to communicate solutions in clear terms to stakeholders and teams
- Previous experience of supporting VIP’s
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- Good process implementation experience and knowledge
What technologies are we looking for?
- Microsoft Windows Workstation & Server Operating Systems
- Office365 Product support, user administration and MFA Setup
- VMWare vSphere administration
- Citrix XenApp Server Environments
- Audio Visual systems
- Mainstream office-based technologies (CCTV, Wi-Fi, Access Control)
- An awareness of AWS, Azure cloud platforms beneficial