This is a unique opportunity to join Star Lizard based in Camden, London. We have been at the forefront of football betting for over 10 years and we’re world renowned as the leader in the field. Through a combination of cutting edge research, analytical thought and a constant desire to question and improve, we maintain our position at the forefront of the sports betting market. There is a new and exciting opportunity to join as a senior technologist in an important and thriving part of Star Lizard Consulting Ltd. We are looking to hire an exceptional algorithmic execution developer to join a small, agile, client-facing development team responsible for our algorithmic betting platform. This experienced individual has a proven track record of developing quality solutions – execution strategies themselves as well as infrastructure components such as order management, connectivity etc – in world class organisations. Our platform is a high-availability distributed .NET solution driven by an engineering mind-set backed up with best-in-class quantitative analytics providing our clients new opportunities in a growing marketplace.
- Design and development of Starlizard’s algorithmic betting platform. This will include working alongside the business to develop execution strategies from concept to implementation as well as the platform’s infrastructure such as order management, working with external interfaces and optimizing critical code paths.
- Develop innovative solutions in a strategic, pragmatic way ensuring code is performant yet maintainable by others.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and incorporate emerging best practices into everyday work.
- Engage and collaborate with teammates and the business to ensure the highest levels of transparency so we can grow better together.
- Proven track record in designing, developing and implementing algorithms such as VWAP etc., as well as algorithmic execution strategies.
- 5+ years of experience within an algorithmic execution development group.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of distributed event-driven algorithmic execution systems.
- Experience of working within a financial markets business on trading systems development.
- A strong aptitude for problem solving as well as analytical, strategic and quantitative thinking.
- Demonstrated development skills in a collaborative, team oriented style.
- Expert proficiency with computer technologies including OO languages (C#), serialization libraries (ProtoBuf) and inter-process messaging (pub/sub).
- A continuous learner who can take learnt theory to working code reliably and efficiently.
- Data-driven, “automate-everything” mind-set when building, optimizing and deploying complete solutions.
- Strong multithreaded and distributed systems experience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels. Excellent listening, written, analytical, strategic and verbal communication skills.
- A pragmatic follower of Agile and Continuous Delivery practices with a keen interest in continuous improvement of oneself and the team.