What type of candidate are you?
A delivery focused, highly adaptable team player who can communicate and collaborate effectively with all areas of the business. You will have strong operational awareness of the technologies you are responsible for and be naturally inquisitive. An effective problem-solver able to perform well under pressure when required, you can review existing solutions and identify areas for improvement and implement those recommendations.
When required you will be comfortable in discussing project or support issues with people at all levels of the business and be able to present technical and project based subject matter to colleagues and management.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, you will be executing the end-to-end delivery of technical projects. You will also be functioning as part of a support rota for 3rd line technical support that operates weekdays and occasional weekends with an escalation on-call element and will support a wide range of 3rd party solutions and technologies.
What skills will you have?
- Providing technical support at 3rd line level
- Strong infrastructure troubleshooting skills across the complete virtualisation stack
- Prioritisation of competing workloads and tasks
- Strong investigative and analytical skills
- Able to communicate complex solutions in clear terms to various stakeholders
- The ability to interact at all technical levels throughout the project delivery and support process
What technologies are we looking for?
- Networking, Virtualisation and Storage
- Microsoft Windows Server Suite
- Firewalls / Network Security
- Office365 (And related security platforms)
- Cloud Technologies
- Configuration management tooling and automation experience desirable
- Linux Operating System Experience advantageous